We are looking for an experienced data engineer who could help us extend our data-platform.
Role and responsibilities
- Developing, testing and maintaining data loading and processing solutions
- Implement solutions to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Apply and guard architecture principles
- Build reliable, efficient and quality controlled solutions to support data scientists and business stakeholders
- Organize work in a scrum team
- Competent data engineer having experience with (and deep understanding of) large scale data driven technologies
- Building solutions for data ingestion, data processing, and storage, and orchestration of these components into workflows
- Testing, continuous integration, and DevOps.
- Preferably experience in the business domain of financial investment
Behavior and knowledge:
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of each tool/technology and what it’s best used for.
- Preferably had experience in the business domain of analyzing companies and securities for the financial sector
- Experience with processing large amounts of text data
- Understand how to deal with challenges regarding scalability, reliability, maintainability, and security.
- Agile way of working
- Team player, communicator, supportive, positive mindset, result driven
- Programming skills: Python (must have), Spark, Databricks, Scala, Java or C#
- Strong software engineering and design ability w.r.t data intensive systems
- Developing solutions in Azure Cloud (storage, Kubernetes and containers, SQL databases,
- Functions, virtual machines, etc)